Mediterranean Chicken Bowl
Who says chicken patties need to be served on a bun? This fresh and delicious salad will leave you full for hours, and the combination of flavors with olives, onion and feta cheese do not disappoint!
Recipe provided by Fresh Thyme Market
- ¼ cup tricolor quinoa
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 4 Mighty Spark Spinach & Feta All-Natural Chicken Patties
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 tomatoes
- 1⅓ cups sliced seedless cucumber
- 8 Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup slivered red onion
- ½ cup tzatziki sauce
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Place quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer. Rinse under cold running water; drain well. Transfer quinoa to a small saucepan. Add vegetable broth; bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and gently simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Remove from heat. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- In a large skillet pan, place 2 tbsp. olive oil in the pan and heat on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Place four Mighty Spark Spinach & Feta All-Natural Chicken Patties into the hot pan and cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Be sure to flip the patties often to allow even cooking.
- While the Mighty Spark Spinach & Feta All-Natural Chicken Patties are cooking, chop cucumber into bite size pieces. Cut tomatoes into wedges. Slice red onion into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Next, place 2 cups baby spinach into each shallow bowl. Top with quinoa, tomato wedges, cucumber slices, olives and red onion. Add one Mighty Spark Spinach & Feta All Natural Chicken Patty and garnish with feta and a spoonful of tzatziki.