USPS is experiencing longer than normal delievery times. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your support.
‘MARRY ME’ CHICKEN MEATBALLS
April 28 2020·
April 28 2020·
PREP TIME: COOK TIME: TOTAL TIME: SERVES: 4
Alright, it's trending, have you seen 'Marry Me Chicken' floating through your feeds? The idea is that this dish is SO GOOD you'll want to marry it. Or maybe you'll want to marry the person making it so you can have it forever? The jury's still out on "why", but one thing we can all agree on is that this basic Sicilian dish is to die for. The original recipe uses chicken thighs, but sub that out for our Bruschetta Chicken grind for explosive flavor!
- 1lb Bruschetta Ground Chicken from Mighty Spark
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6-8 springs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Roll Mighty Spark's Bruschetta Ground Chicken into ~1" balls. Set aside for later steps.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat olive oil, garlic, and fresh thyme until fragrant. We recommend tossing the springs of thyme in whole- they impart great flavor and you can pick the sprigs out just before serving, this saves time on the finicky step of de-leaf-ing the herb.
- Add in whipping cream, broth, parmesan, and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir well, bringing to a simmer. Once the sauce is to a simmer, give it a try and salt to taste. Turn off heat.
- Place raw meatballs in the skillet, don't worry if they touch, they'll come apart easily once cooked. Place skillet in oven and cook for 20 mins or until meatball temperature is 165*.
- Serve with fresh parmesan. This dish goes great over pasta/zoodles, paired with mashed potatoes/cauliflower, or as an appetizer!