This dish is loosely inspired by Italian Wedding soup, but with a few ‘lighter’ swap-outs. If you’re not a fan of quinoa, play around with other grains and see what you like best! Farro or even a brown rice can easily be used instead.
- 1 lb Mighty Spark’s Original Ground Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2–3 carrots, diced
- 6 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 64 ounces low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 14-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 bunch kale, destemmed & finely shredded
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400*. Roll Mighty Spark’s Original Ground Chicken into tablespoon-sized balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake until 165* internally, roughly 15 minutes.
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil, onions, carrots, garlic, and italian seasoning. Heat until veggies slightly softened, roughly 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, quinoa, chicken stock, lemon juice, and meatballs. Heat on a gentle boil until quinoa is cooked, roughly 10-12 minutes.
- Lastly, add white beans and kale, cook until heated through.
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!