FAJITA CHICKEN MAC-N-CHEESE
Looking for the healthier take on Hamburger Helper? You can dial this one up or down. Leave out the taco seasoning for a more mild, less salty version. You can pick your preferred milk too. Regardless this one is a crowd pleaser the entire family will want on weekly rotation.
- 1 pack Mighty Spark Fajita Ground Chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel, undrained
- 1 cup broth (chicken or beef broth)
- 1 cup milk (skim-whole, you decide)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning (leave out for less salt)
- 1 1/2 cup elbow noodles (we used Banza chickpea noodles, yum!)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- In a large skillet, brown the ground chicken over medium heat.
- Add the undrained can of Ro-Tel, broth, milk, tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
- Increase heat to medium high until the mixture begins to simmer.
- Stir in noodles and reduce heat to low, cover and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- When noodles are tender, stir in shredded cheddar cheese.