Here’s a lighter, garden inspired take on a classic Alfredo.
- 1 pack of Mighty Spark Smoked Gouda & Riesling Chicken Sausages
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 4 ounces uncooked whole-wheat or chickpea cavatappi or penne pasta
- 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups arugula (about 2 oz.)
- 2 ounces pecorino Romano cheese, shaved (about 1/2 cup)
Fill a large Dutch oven with water; bring to a boil over high. Add asparagus, snap peas, and green peas; cook until bright green, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to a colander; rinse vegetables well with cold water.
Add pasta to boiling water; cook according to package directions for al dente. Drain pasta.
Prepare sausage links (2-4) depending on preference using the prep instructions on the box. Let sausage link cool slightly and slice into coins.
Heat oil in a skillet oven over medium. Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Whisk together milk and flour in a bowl. Add milk mixture to garlic; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Add cream cheese, salt, and pepper; whisk until cream cheese melts. Reduce heat to low; stir in pasta, pea mixture & the chicken sausage coins. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes (sauce will thicken upon standing). Top with arugula and shaved cheese.