In search of a delicious protein to substitute for beef for your next meal? Look no further than our Bacon-Bursting Ground Turkey!
To bring you the most flavorful meat possible and to cut down on your meal prep, we craft our small batch recipes with spices and seasonings so all you have to do is cook. Our ground turkey and chicken options are the perfect addition to your favorite pasta dish, lettuce wrap or as a topping to a salad.
Need a little inspiration? Check out the Shepherds Pie recipe from home cook and food blogger, Katie’s Cucina, using Mighty Spark’s Bacon-Bursting Ground Turkey. As if these drool-worthy photos weren’t enticing enough, this recipe only requirements 25 minutes of your precious time.
Click here to download a digital coupon to receive $3 off your purchase of Mighty Spark product. Not only will you score the tastiest meat out there, you’ll be providing a meal to a hungry child. For each package of Mighty Spark purchased, we donate a meal to a hungry child. #winwin
Skillet Turkey-Bacon Shepherds Pie
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1 package of Mighty Spark Food Co. Bacon-Bursting Ground Turkey (1 lb.)
- 1/2 cup white mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups frozen pea & carrot mix
- 12 oz. mushroom gravy
- 24 oz. cooked mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet heat the 1 teaspoon of grapesead oil on medium heat. Place the Bacon-Bursting Ground Turkey in the cast iron skillet and begin to break it up into bite-size pieces with a wooden spoon. Continue to break up pieces and cook for 10 minutes or until all turkey is cooked.
- Then add in the white chopped mushrooms with the turkey & bacon ground blend. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Then add in the frozen pea and carrot mix. Continue stirring and cooking for 3 additional minutes.
- Preheat the broiler on high heat. You’ll want to re-heat up the mashed potatoes per the package instructions at this time.
- Add the mushroom gravy into the skillet. Mix well and then turn off the heat. Carefully, begin to top the skillet with the cooked mashed potatoes. Then top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place the skillet on an over-sized baking sheet. Place the skillet in the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the mashed potatoes are golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Carefully, remove from the oven, and divide evenly among plates.