One-Skillet Sweet Potato Maple Gnocchi
This dish is all of the flavors of fall you could ask for in one comforting skillet. By using our Sweet Potato Maple Chicken Sausages and packaged Gnocchi, this restaurant inspired dish is packed with flavor and great texture… and yet takes only 20 minutes to pull together. The key is adding in the different ingredients in phases, this will ensure well-softened sweet potatoes without mushy gnocchi!
- 1 package Sweet Potato Maple Chicken Sausage from Mighty Spark Food Co
- 16 oz Packaged Gnocchi
- 1 Sweet Potato, diced to ¼” bites
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Dice your sweet potato, then add to a skillet of olive oil on medium heat. Cook covered for roughly 3 minutes, stirring infrequently to allow the sides to brown.
- Dice your onion and add to the sweet potatoes, cooking for another ~3 minutes. Again, stir infrequently to allow browning.
- Coin-cut the sausages, then add to the sweet potatoes and onion. Cook for another ~3 minutes, stirring infrequently.
- Lastly add the gnocchi, chicken broth, and 1 tbsp butter. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer to reduce the chicken stock. The starch from the gnocchi and the butter will help thicken the broth until it becomes a sauce-like consistency, roughly 5 minutes.
- Once sauce is thick, add salt & pepper to taste and enjoy!