Recently, Twin Cities Business featured Mighty Spark for our rapid growth and recent launch of our all-natural, premium meat at Target. (This year, we were recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the fastest-growing U.S. companies!)
So, Nick Beste, Mighty Spark’s Founder, CEO and Chief Instigator received a well-deserved recognition from Twin Cities Business as one of the 100 People to Know in 2019. Nick’s among great company as a Minneapolis thought leader and key player driving change in the year ahead.
With products in more than 5,000 stores nationwide and millions of meals donated to help those in need, Nick’s been busy leading the charge to make sure our consumers enjoy our remarkable food with a mighty mission – giving back.
We asked Nick about some of the stand-out moments and projects from 2018 and what he’s looking forward to in 2019.
Mighty Spark highlights from 2018…
- This past year, we’ve had more than a dozen new team members join the Mighty Spark team to support our rapid growth. It’s our team that is the ‘mighty spark.’ Together, our small but mighty team is working hard to deliver remarkable food to consumers and help those in need with our meal donations.
- It was pretty exciting to see Mighty Spark launch at key retailers from coast to coast, including Target, Publix, Sprouts and more. I love hearing from consumers from San Francisco, Miami to New Jersey about how and where they discovered Mighty Spark, what recipes they’re making and that they love supporting Mighty Spark’s meal donations.
- Thanks to our team, consumers, non-profit partners, retailers, suppliers and volunteers nationwide, we’ve been able to donate more than 1.8 million meals in 2018, with more than 3 million meal donations in total through our giving! I’m proud that, together, we’re making an impact on hunger and food insecurity in local communities and around the world.
What I’m looking forward to in 2019 for Mighty Spark…
- I’m excited for more consumers to discover Mighty Spark’s low-calorie chicken snack sticks as we roll these out to more retailers. We launched them this year at Sprouts and through sales on our site – so many consumers tell us they love the flavor and freshness of this healthy snack.
- We have some new things cooking for the brand in 2019, like packaging updates and new product launches. We’re hard at work to make Mighty Spark bigger and better in 2019!
- I’m proud of the work our team is doing to support our daily meal donations that will have an impact on millions of people. Approximately one in six kids in the U.S. may not know where they’ll get their next meal and millions around the world are suffering from malnourishment, so I want to use our business for good to make a dent on food insecurity.