Already seasoned to perfection, our Gringo Chorizo takes the effort out of your weeknight dinners.
Stuffed pepper recipes are a great way to get a low-carb meal on the table in no time at all and our idol, Whitney Bond, created this recipe as a unique take on this weeknight go-to. The best part about this recipe is it’s versatility. Don’t have a grill or the desire to fire yours up? No problem, use the oven! Can only cook in shifts? No problem, prep the stuffed peppers ahead of time and put them on the grill/oven when you’re ready. To go deeper on how to bring this dish to the table, see Whitney’s blog on Stuffed Bell Peppers with Chorizo.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onions chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded & minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb Mighty Spark Chorizo
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 10 oz can mexicorn
- 15.5 oz can black beans drained & rinsed
- 8 large bell peppers sliced in half lengthwise & seeded
- ½ cup cotija cheese or queso fresco
- Optional toppings: cilantro & avocado
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Add the onions, jalapeno and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the chorizo and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes with green chilies, corn and black beans, stir together, then remove from the heat.
- Add the mixture to each bell pepper half.
- Preheat a grill to medium, then add the peppers to the grill with the meat mixture facing up.
- Grill for 30 minutes.
- Five minutes before removing the peppers from the grill, sprinkle the cheese over the chorizo mixture in the peppers.
- Remove from the grill and optionally top with fresh cilantro and sliced avocado.
TIPS FROM THE CHEF:
- Instead of the grill, these stuffed bell peppers can also be baked in the oven at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.