Easy 'Alfredo' Zoodles with Turkey-Bacon Meatballs
Alfredo is one of those flavors we're constantly craving, but don't always have the time to make. Using butter and ricotta not only cuts down the time to create an alfredo-esque sauce, but if you get a low-fat ricotta you can cut out quite a bit of fat and sodium as well!
- 1 package Turkey Bacon ground blend by Mighty Spark
- 1 package Butternut Noodles by Cece’s Veggie Co
- ⅓ cup Ricotta
- 2-4 tbsp Butter (for a 'lighter' yet thicker sauce, increase the ricotta amount and decrease the butter)
- Begin by forming the Turkey Bacon grind into 1" meatballs. Heat oil in a medium skillet and add meatballs to pan. Cook on medium heat and rotate the turkey meatballs until browned on all sides. Once cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- Use the same pan to melt butter. As butter is melting, scrape up the bottom of the pan to infuse the butter with the delicious bacony bits. Allow the butter to brown slightly.
- Add in the ricotta and stir completely. The butter and ricotta will blend together into a velvety texture. If you want a thicker texture, add more ricotta.
- Once sauce is desired texture, stir in Zucchini Noodles and sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Turkey-bacon meatballs back into the skillet and allow everything to heat to even temperature.
- Serve and enjoy!