Thai-Style Chicken Lettuce Wraps
You may have heard of the Paleo diet, which is a throwback to eating what our ancestors ate thousands of years ago - meat, seafood, fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Proponents of the Paleo diet suggest cutting processed foods loaded with sugar and fat, focusing on foods that can be hunted and gathered. Following a Paleo diet doesn't mean sacrificing flavor. Registered dieticians Katherine Brookings and Julie Upton from Appetite for Health whipped up with a protein-rich, Paleo-inspired lettuce wrap recipe using Mighty Spark’s Sweet Thai-Style Ground Chicken. In their words, this one's a "must-try!" You’d be surprised - healthy can taste good! And the cherry on top? For every purchase of a Mighty Spark product, we donate a meal to an underprivileged child because we believe in doing our part to fight childhood hunger.
- 1 tablespoon each: honey, lime juice and soy sauce
- ¼ cup julienne strips peeled and seeded cucumber
- ¼ cup matchstick carrots
- 2 tablespoons red pickled ginger
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 (16-oz.) package Mighty Spark Sweet Thai-Style Ground Chicken
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- Chopped roasted, salted peanuts and fresh cilantro leaves.
- Stir together honey, lime juice and soy sauce in a medium bowl. Stir in cucumber, carrots, ginger and green onion and set aside to marinate.
- Heat sesame oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken and break up with the back of a wooden spoon. Cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Let cool slightly.
- Spoon equal amounts of cooked chicken into lettuce leaves and top with marinated vegetables, peanuts and cilantro.
Recipe credit: Patty Mastracco