Tomato Turkey Tortellini Soup
Say that ten times fast! Is there anything better than a warm soup with large, cheesy tortellinis? We certainly don’t think so! This one comes together in a jiffy and provides plenty of leftovers.
- 1lb Mighty Spark’s Original Ground Turkey
- 2 tbsp oil of choice
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 5 oz spinach, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2x 14.5 oz canned fire roasted diced tomatoes (don’t drain)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 9 oz four cheese tortellini
- ½ tbsp dried Basil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a soup pot, heat oil and add red pepper flakes, onions, and carrots. Once the vegetables have softened, add garlic and stir until fragrant. Then add Mighty Spark’s Original Ground Turkey and cook, crumbling into bite-sized pieces.
- Once the turkey is cooked, add the tomatoes with their juices, tomato paste, and chicken broth. At this point, give it a taste and salt & pepper as needed. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Add tortellini and cook until tortellini is al dente. If your tortellinis have soaked up a lot of the broth, add water at this point.
- Just before serving, add spinach and stir until slightly wilted, this will happen fast!
- Serve with some fresh basil and parmesan, enjoy!