When the weather drops, a hearty chili with a bit of spice is exactly what you need! If you’re feeling bold, sub the chili flakes you’re used to using for chipotle pepper flakes- it’ll add a stronger kick AND a nice smokiness.
- 1lb Mighty Spark’s Fajita Ground Chicken
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ½ Onion, diced
- 1 Jalapeño, finely diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely diced
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 14.5oz cans Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes (don’t drain)
- 15oz can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups Corn
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- ½ tbsp Cumin
- ½ tbsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Cayenne
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Suggested Toppings: Cilantro, Avocado, Tortilla Strips, Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream
- In large soup pot, cook 1lb Mighty Spark’s Fajita Ground Chicken on medium heat. Once cooked to 165*, roughly 13 minutes, set aside.
- Heat olive oil, chili flakes, onions, jalapeños, and garlic in soup pot until the onions are translucent. Then add chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, and salt & pepper to taste and mix well until the vegetables are completely coated.
- Add in remaining ingredients; chicken broth, Mighty Spark Fajita Chicken, tomatoes, black beans, corn, and lime juice. Stir and bring to a gentle boil, heating for about 10 minutes.
- Serve and top with cilantro, avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla strips.