Creamy Potato & Turkey-Bacon Soup
Warning: deliciously indulgent comfort food ahead! Let this soup simmer for as long as you can handle before scooping up, it only gets thicker with time and is well worth the wait. The best part is, thanks to Mighty Spark’s Turkey & Bacon grind, you don’t need to slave over grease-splattering bacon to create this masterpiece.
- 1lb Mighty Spark’s Turkey & Bacon ground meat
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream (suggested, or your choice dairy)
- ½ cup Parmesan, shredded
- 3lb Potatoes, peeled and diced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a large dutch oven, cook Mighty Spark’s Turkey & Bacon, crumbing into bite-sized pieces. Once cooked, remove from the pot and set aside. Save all of the juices from the meat as a flavorful base for the soup.
- Add diced onion and cook until softened and translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the flour until a paste forms. Allow this to cook for about 2-3 minutes until a light golden color.
- Pour in the chicken stock, milk, cream, diced potatoes. Stir to combine. Bring the pot to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are softened. At this point, taste and add salt & pepper as needed.
- Lastly, stir in the sour cream and shredded cheese and add the ground Turkey & Bacon to the soup. Stir to combine and heat until warm throughout.
- Serve with any additional toppings of your choice.