On World Humanitarian Day, we recognize aid workers who put the needs of others before their own. The big and small acts of kindness from philanthropists worldwide inspire our team here at Mighty Spark to give back, which is why we use our business as a force for good.
Because there is need in each and every community, there’s no shortage for how your time and talents can improve the lives of others. Here are a few ways you can take action to help out in your community.
Volunteer: Give The Gift Of Time
Feeding America, the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization, has a network of hundreds of food banks and soup kitchens nationwide that rely on volunteers to get nutritious food into the hands and homes of underprivileged families. Food scarcity impacts more than 40 million Americans, so people in every community in the U.S. rely on food banks to help them during difficult times. Click here to find a food bank in your community to schedule a volunteer shift.
There are numerous companies and brands committed to social causes. As a consumer, you can choose to support brands that donate funds, food or time, making your dollars go farther. At Mighty Spark, we’re on a mission to spark change by donating a meal to someone in need through each purchase consumers make. Thanks to your support, we’re donating one meal every 13 seconds this year, so together, we’re providing meals and hope to those who need it. Click here to learn about other food brands that give back.
Looking for other ways to give back?
- Mentor a child in your life or be a resource to them to assist with homework.
- Pitch in to help a neighbor with yard work, take out the trash or lend a hand with snow removal.
- Find a local blood donation center in your community.
- Host a lemonade stand with kids in your neighborhood and donate the proceeds to a local charity.
- There are thousands of organizations looking for volunteers, so simply find a cause you’re passionate about, and see the ripple effects of your impact!
In the words of Nelson Mandela, “It is in your hands to create a better world for all who live in it,” so let’s be the spark that brings change!