Our Registered Dietician friend Megan Poczekaj from @Nutrition.Awareness is full of great tips, recipes and product suggestions on how to fuel your body.
There are three main components to assemble power bowls, and they’re an easy recipe for those who like to prep several meals for the week.
- Megan suggests picking your base: Quinoa, brown rice, sweet potato, cauliflower rice, noodles or noodles.
- Pair with a healthy protein, like Mighty Spark’s blended ground turkey or chicken.
- Add in mixed greens or chopped veggies, and you’ll have a meal that will leave you satisfied for hours.
Give Megan’s recipe a try, and when you do, you’ll also be providing a meal to someone in need. For every purchase of Mighty Spark product, we donate a meal to someone in need.
Eat Well. Give Back.
Sesame Fried Rice Power Bowl Recipe
Makes 6 servings
Total time depends on the type of rice you buy (instant vs. old-fashioned). Megan recommends the quickest option, especially if you are meal prepping and cooking more than one meal at a time.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 lb Mighty Spark Thai Chicken*
- 2 cups cauliflower rice**
- 2 carrots, small diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Braggs Aminos***
- 3-4 cups of baby kale, chopped
- 1 small bunch of green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
BONUS: If you don’t feel like chopping carrots or kale, just pick up a pre-chopped bag of stir-fry veggies in the produce section.
- Cook brown rice as directed on package. You can use microwaveable 10-minute rice or the old-fashioned kind.
- While rice is cooking, heat a large sautee pan or wok to medium heat. Brown the ground chicken. Start dicing your carrots and kale while the chicken is browning. Remove the chicken from pan when done.
- Using the same pan, heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil on medium-high. Add your cooked rice and continuously stir to keep from burning. Add your cauliflower rice and eggs straight into the pan and keep everything moving.
- Add your Braggs Aminos and kale. Remove from heat once cauliflower rice has softened.
- Divide the rice and veggie mix among 6 containers. Top each with ground chicken.
- Garnish each with green onions and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
I enjoy Mighty Spark’s ground chicken because it is already spiced and super flavorful.
**You can usually find “riced cauliflower” or cauliflower rice in individual packages in the produce section. If you can’t find it there you can probably find cauliflower rice in the freezer section.
***Never heard of Braggs Aminos? It’s like soy sauce, only way healthier and lower in sodium. You can find it in most grocery stores or on Amazon.