Weet Potato Turkey Skillet
Turkey and Sweet Potatoes are a natural, flavor-packed pairing that we can’t get enough of! This skillet is easy to prep and, more importantly, easy to clean up since the magic all takes place in one pan. The true joy of this recipe is that it’s endlessly riffable. Nearly any starchy vegetables can be swapped out for the sweet potato so this is your opportunity to use up some of the extras you have laying around, feel free to test and experiment!
- 1lb Mighty Spark’s Ground Original Turkey
- 2-3 Sweet Potatoes, cubed
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic -or- ½ tbsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Diced Onion -or- ½ tbsp Onion Powder
- ½ tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- Begin by browning the Mighty Spark Original Ground Turkey in a cast iron skillet. Once fully cooked, add cumin and chili powder. Do not drain.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes, garlic and onion to the skillet. Stir to combine well and cover.
- Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. If necessary, add a bit of water to the skillet. TIP: Dicing your potatoes finer helps speed this process along.
- Once potatoes are fork tender, give them a taste. Add salt & pepper and additional spices to your preference. Then pat the mixture flat in the skillet and top with shredded mozzarella. Turn off the heat and cover, allowing cheese to melt. ALT: if your skillet is oven safe, you can use the oven on broil or 450• to melt & brown the cheese for a few minutes
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve. Enjoy!