Veggie-ful Chicken Nuggets
Question: when you break it down, what is a chicken nugget really? Answer: a chicken meatball made to be flat! It’s very easy to make a healthier version of the childhood staple fresh at home… and this means you can sneak in extra vegetables! Our Original Chicken Nuggets are a delicious and easy way to bring something really fun to the table.
- Mighty Spark Ground Original Chicken
- 2 cups (16oz) riced cauliflower
- 2 Large eggs
- ⅓ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl beat two eggs. Once a smooth consistency, combine cauliflower, parmesan, and Mighty Spark Original Ground Chicken. Your hands are really the best tool to use here!
- Time to make your nuggets. Start off by creating a 1” meatball. Then flatten until roughly ¼”-½” thick, shape the flat coin into any shape you desire! We’ve tried hearts, triangles, simple animals, shapeless blobs, etc, so feel free to get creative!
- To Bake: bake at 450* on a non-stick cooking sheet until nugget interior reaches 165•, about 20 minutes. We recommend flipping halfway through for optimal browning!
- To Fry: Use your largest pan (this may need to be done in ‘shifts’!). Heat ¼” oil on medium. Once oil is hot, carefully place nuggets in the pan with enough space between them for a spatula to flip. Once nuggets have browned on one side, flip and cook until browned. You may need to adjust the burner heat to ensure no spitting of hot oil, the pan doesn’t need to be too hot! Once cooked, remove nuggets and place them on a plate lined with a paper towel. Cook in as many shifts as needed to finish the batch & serve!