Turkey Stuffed Peppers
This recipe is perfect for those who don’t normally like going out of their “food comfort zone”. Stuffed bell peppers may seem tricky, but they are actually very easy not to mention extremely tasty. These are great on a night when you don’t have a lot of time to prep food. Also- stuffed-bell peppers are fantastic when hosting a dinner party.
- 1lb Mighty Spark's Ground Original Turkey
- 4 large peppers, any color
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 1 cup white rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook rice according to package instructions.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds, leaving them hollow.
- In a medium skillet, heat Mighty Spark's Ground Original Turkey and onions. Once the meat is fully cooked, add about 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Once the rice is finished, combine with the meat, stirring gently to combine.
- Spoon rice & meat into the peppers, filling about ¾ full.Top each pepper with a touch more tomato sauce and plenty of fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 25-30 minutes. Serve & enjoy!