Turkey Unstuffed Pepper Bowls
We all love stuffed bell peppers, but let’s be honest; sometimes filling peppers and eating them is a bit fussy. It’s always fun to mix things up like making ‘unstuffed’ bell peppers. For those of you who like to meal prep, this recipe is for you!
- 1lb Mighty Spark’s Ground Original Turkey
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Optional Toppings: cheddar cheese, cilantro
- Begin by boiling a pot of water and making rice according to package instructions.
- In a skillet, cook Mighty Spark’s Original Ground Turkey on medium heat. When the turkey is almost done, add in spices (chili powder, ground cumin, and garlic powder).
- Once cooked, add in and sauté onions and bell peppers.
- Top each serving with parsley, cheddar cheese, and diced tomatoes. Enjoy!