Bruschetta Chicken Squash Boats
This dish comes from the kitchen of #MightyAmbassador Katie Burgauer @kburg21. It’s simple, it’s nutritious, and mostly it’s the flavors of fall in one easy dish! This can easily serve a crowd or serve as your meal prep, saving you time during the busy week!
- 1lb Mighty Spark’s Ground Bruschetta Chicken
- 2 Delicata Squash
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Marinara of choice (Katie suggests Giovanni Rana!)
- Oil of Choice, we suggest EVOO
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the Delicata Squash in the microwave for about 3 minutes. This is a vital step! It softens the squash so that it’s much easier for you to cut in half without accidentally cutting off one of your limbs…
- Scoop out all the seeds to create a ‘bowl’ for the other ingredients later! Drizzle each cut side of the squash with your favorite EVO, salt and pepper to preference, and toss it in the oven for about 10 minutes. While your squash is cooking, brown the Mighty Spark’s Ground Bruschetta Chicken in a skillet on medium. Remove the squash from the oven and scoop Bruschetta Chicken into the squash bowl. Top with generous amounts of mozzarella and marinara sauce.
- Return the loaded squash to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes, using the broiler on high for the last few minutes to brown the mozzarella!.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!