You didn’t need Oprah to tell you unseasoned chicken is unacceptable, did you?
When Spencer Althouse, BuzzFeed writer and fitness fanatic, tweeted a video clip from a 2006 episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show, he had no idea the viral moment would see the internet universally standing up for Oprah’s opinion that chicken should indeed be seasoned. Nor did he know that Oprah herself would respond to him after all these years to share what she was really thinking about the $1 million unseasoned chicken recipe.
Since Spencer is #TeamSeasonedChicken, he was happy to try a variety of Mighty Spark’s all-natural lean meats made with premium cuts of chicken and real, whole-food ingredients. Because of the delicious ingredients and the convenience that helps him stick to his nutrition goals, Spencer’s Mighty Spark go-tos are the Jalapeño & Cheddar Chicken Sausages and Smoked Gouda with Riesling Chicken Sausages.
It’s true that this no-frills low-carb dish may not have won $1 million (yet?) but we have donated more than 3 million meals to those in need, thanks to Spencer and fans like you. For every Mighty Spark product purchased, we donate a meal.
Take a look at how Spencer cooks up his Mighty Spark meals below and savor some delicious (seasoned) chicken in under 15 minutes.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 – 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- Mighty Spark’s Cheddar and Jalapeño Chicken Sausages or the Smoked Gouda and Riesling Chicken Sausages
- 3 cups of kale
- Add your favorite dressing to taste
- Add the olive oil or butter to a large skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Dice Mighty Spark’s Seasoned Chicken Sausages.
- Add the seasoned chicken sausages to skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the kale to the same skillet to sauté with the chicken sausages; sauté for 2 – 3 minutes until kale is at your desired texture.
- Top with your favorite dressing.
- Add cheese, cilantro or guacamole for added flavor (optional).